Increase the number of 16 to 24-year-olds that are in school or employed, thereby developing a healthier and safer community.
Develop a comprehensive plan in collaboration with agencies and programs that support a healthier, safer community.
- Drive collaboration among agencies and leverage resources to optimize health and safety
- Solutions include collaboration among private, public, religious and governmental sectors;
- Affordable quality after school care and programs
- Organized park district programs
- Organized specialty programs ( ex.: First Tee, Special Olympics)
- Reduce Drug Use and Crime: “Provide hope for the future”
- Age appropriate after school programs
- Job Training
- Job Internships
- Activities focused on the hours between 3:00pm and 6:00pm for all ages
- Ensure agencies/programs are adequately staffed with volunteers
- Revitalize UWCGA volunteer center to develop a robust community/volunteer action network
- Fund agencies/programs focused on cradle to career objectives