Financials and Policies
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personal information you provide. The following are examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
The list above provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by UWCGA. From time to time, way may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal processes served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at United Way of Coastal Georgia, P.O. Box 877, Brunswick, GA 31521.
UWCGA operates secure data networks provided by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our constituents.
UWCGA uses SSL encryption for all financial transactions to protect personal information.
Website Use and Security
The United Way of Coastal Georgia website, www.uwcga.org, is owned and operated by United Way of Coastal Georgia (UWCGA). Users can visit the site without revealing any information about themselves.
By using the website, you consent to the collection and use of the information you choose to provide to UWCGA. UWCGA takes precautions to keep user information disclosed to us secure, and such information will not be disclosed to third parties for commercial purposes. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.